According to legends Mata Vaishno devi took refuge in the Trikuta hill and meditated here for 9 months. The main temple has the idol of three Hindu goddesses in the form of Pindies, representing Goddesses Kali, Lakshmi and Saraswati. Plan a Vaishno Devi tour to be blessed by the divine Mother Goddess. You can visit throughout the year as the temple is never closed.
While trekking from Katra to the temple is a preferred way, there are also many options of Vaishno Devi helicopter yatra. Although if you prefer to arrive on foot, there are facilities for ponies, palkis, etc. While Vaishno Devi helicopter package yatra does save time and the hassle.
Apart from the main cave temple, there are other attractions like Banganga, Ardh Kunwari, Main Bhawan and Bhaironath temple. Furthermore, Maa Vaishno Devi trip is considered incomplete without visiting the Bhaironath temple.
Choose from our extensive range of Mata Vaishno Devi tour packages. We help you in every way to have a spiritual journey.
FAQs of Vaishno Devi Tour Packages
Ques: Is Vaishno Devi Yatra open for pilgrims now?
Ans: Yes, after a long wait of 5 months Shri Mata Vaishno Devi temple is now open for pilgrims. The shrine board has allowed the Yatra for the devotees, only 2,000 pilgrims per day will be allowed per day for the holy darshan.
Ques: What are the COVID-19 guidelines to be followed during Vaishno Devi Yatra?
- Wearing face masks will be compulsory in public places and during travel.
- All the tourists should have the Aarogya Setu app installed on their mobile phones
- Proper social distancing will be maintained and any group or gathering will not be allowed.
- Tourists coming from other states will have to undergo the COVID-19 antigen test upon arrival.
- People will only be allowed to proceed further if the report is negative.
- Registration for Vaishno Devi Yatra will be required to be done in advance via online mode.
- It is advised not to visit any sacred place in Jammu and Kashmir if you are sick.
- Senior citizens above 60 years, pregnant women, a person with comorbidities, and kids below 10 years are also advised not to travel to Jammu.
Ques: What is the price helicopter from Katra to Vaishno Devi Temple?
Ans: The one-way price of the Vaishno devi helicopter tour from Katra to Vaishno Devi Temple is INR 1045 while the two-way ticket is of INR 2090.
Ques: How to reach Vaishno Devi Bhawan from Katra?
Ans: There are several ways to reach Vaishno Devi Bhawan from Katra. Here is the list:
- By Helicopter
- Ponies & Pithoos, palki
- Auto (from Ardhkwari to Bhawan)
Ques: Is there a ropeway in Vaishno Devi?
Ans: Yes, there is a ropeway in Vaishno Devi which takes you from Vaishno Devi Mandir to Bhairon Baba Mandir.
Ques: What is the best route from Katra to Maa Vaishno Devi Bhawan?
Ans: The best route from Katra to Maa Vaishno Devi Bhawan is the latest route which takes you from the Tarakote Marg. There are no Pony, Pithoo, and Palki on this route. This route is especially for the pilgrims who wish to complete the Yatra on foot. There are three routes to reach Vaishno Devi Temple from Katra which includes:
- Old Track – via Ban Ganga – Ardhkuwari – Sanjichhat - Bhawan
- New Track – via Ban Ganga – Ardhkuwari – Himkoti - Bhawan
- Latest Track - via Tarakote – Ardhkuwari – Himkoti - Bhawan
Ques: How far is Bhawan from Sanjichhat?
Ans: Bhawan is at a distance of 2.5 km from Sanjichhat
Ques: What is the price Ponies & Pithoos, Palki from Katra to Vaishno Devi Temple?
Ans: The prices of Vaishno Devi yatra by helicopter, Ponies, Pithoos, and Palki vary. Here are the prices:
- Helicopter - 1045 on way
- Pony – INR 700
- Pithoos – INR 350
- Palki – INR 4000 approx. (round trip)
Ques: What is the ropeway cost from Vaishno Devi to Bhairon Baba?
Ans: The cost of the ropeway ride from Vaishno Devi to Bhairon Baba is INR 100 per person one way.
Ques: Why Vaishno Devi temple is famous?
Ans: Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the most revered Hindu pilgrimage sites in India. This cave temple is dedicated to Goddess Vaishno Devi who was believed to be a manifestation of Goddess Parvati or Shakti. Goddess Vaishno dwells here in the form of Pindi's (rock formation).
Ques: What attractions en route to Vaishno Devi Gufa?
Ans: There many attractions en route Vaishno Devi Gufa which includes Darshani Darwaza, Ban Ganga, Charan Paduka, Ardhkuwari, Hathi Matha, and Bhairon Ghati.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Vaishno Devi?
Ans: Devotees visit here throughout the year while the best time to visit Vaishno Devi is between March and October.