The most awaited Amarnath Yatra is going to start from 2nd July and will continue till 29th August! And the registration process has already been started through the banks authorized by SASB from 29th Feb 2016. But before applying for registration some extra information may be needed about Amarnath Yatra and the process of registration. So through this article we attempt to give you enough information about how to do registration for the Yatra of Baba Barfani in Kashmir.
How to Register
The Shri Amarnath Ji Shrine Board (SASB) takes care of the holy yatra every year. To regulate the pilgrims, Yatra registration is the first step to get the Yatra permit. No pilgrim making the trek on foot is allowed to complete the holy pilgrimage without registration. Helicopter yatra does not require registration but necessary health certificates. Registration is required to verify the age as no one below the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years and no lady with more than six weeks pregnancy is allowed the trek. Pilgrims with serious health issues cannot be permitted the yatra as the region is located in high altitudes. The cave and the holy route is very sensitive therefore every year only a limited number of people are allowed the yatra.
Steps for Registration
- The Registration and issue of Yatra Permit (YPs) is done on first-come-first-serve basis.
- Every Yatri has to submit an Application Form along with Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) to obtain Yatra Permit for the Yatra.
- The Formats of the Application Form for Registration and Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) are available online.
- The Application Form and Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) is made available free of cost to the Applicant Yatri by the Registration Branches of the Authorized banks.
To apply for the Yatra Permit, the Applicant-Yatri needs to submit the following documents to the Registration Officer:
- Filled-in prescribed Application Form
- Prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) issued on or after 10th February 2016 by the Authorized Doctor/ Medical Institution.
- Four passport sized photographs (three for Yatra Permits and one for the Application form).
If the Application Form and CHC are in order, the Registration Officer shall issue a Yatra Permit to the applicant against a payment of 50 INR per Yatra Permit.
Name of Banks for Registration
- The Jammu and Kashmir Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Yes Bank.
These three banks are the authorized banks to get registration for your Yatra. The Yatra formalities can be done at any of the 432 branches.
How to avoid registration Process
The registration process is a tiring procedure. Pilgrims can avoid the hassle of lengthy queues and long procedures as Yatra by Helicopter solves the hassle of registration. You do not need to fill forms and walk on foot. The swift and hassle free trip by Helicopter takes you to the ‘Abode of Lord Shiva’ and back. Time and energy will be saved in registration as well as the Yatra. It is very easy to get helicopter services. Only carry the requisite health checkups certificates and you are fit to make your divine Yatra.
Related Posts :
How to plan Amarnath Yatra in 2015
Cave Temples in India